Sunday, November 23, 2008

Does Weight Watchers work??

Please feel free to forward this email to anyone whom you feel might benefit from its contents.
I wish I had a nickel each time I heard it, bootcampers.
The painful statement my clients say time and time again.
'I used to go to weight watchers and lost weight fast. But when I stopped, I gained it all back and then some.'
I'm not here to bash Weight Watchers, rather I want to shed some light on what works and what doesn't.
And I mean for the long term.
I'm not about temporary solutions or a band-aid especially on a problem like being overweight.
Knowing WHY you are doing something and HOW to sustain a habit for the long term are two key points that are overlooked by most weight loss programs.
If you don't know WHY you are doing the habits you are doing, then how are you going to maintain them for the long term?
If you do know why, then you can take action steps toward fixing the issues that will arise long into the future.
I mean sure there is a point system that puts foods on a hierarchy of healthfulness.
But it never says to stay away from foods that will do nothing for you.
It just jacks up the point value for them.
So you can still have them, but it will cost you points.
How about it can cost you your life if you eat them, because that is the reality.
How about it will slow down your metabolism to the point that your muscle tissue will starve of nutrients.
Why are they starving? Who knows they haven't taught that. So how do we know how to fix it?

Good question...


No comments: