Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pizza is Healthy....

No I haven't lost my marbles.
But I had someone try and convince me that pizza was healthy.
Their reasoning was that it had vegetables on it.
It was like she was completely disregarding the two pounds
of cheese, sauce, and four pounds of dough it was made of
(not to mention the grease).
Are you kidding me!?
We are far worse off than I thought.
But I'm not here to talk about how unhealthy pizza is,
you know that already.
Temptations are all around us, sometimes they are tricky.
See, the food industry doesn't care that you are trying to shed body fat.
And they like to make it confusing, so that you will still buy their food
because it looks healthy, and they can still add preservatives
that will derail your efforts.
Now pizza is quite a stretch from even looking healthy,
but other foods such as breads, cereals, and other 'health' foods
will look nice on the surface but look deeper.
Do you homework, look at the food label and at the ingredient list.
Don't let the food industry feed into another part of your life
they are betting on: your lack of time.
Your best bet: it will be faster to get foods without food labels on them.
So you aren't reading labels and spending too much time in the
grocery store. Plus you know what the food is: no label, no guesswork.

No comments: